- Promote a supportive educational environment that is child-focused and dedicated to inclusion for all students in the schools.
- Advise district administration on matters relating to the education and safety of students with disabilities.
- Meet on a regular basis with school leadership to assist with planning, development, and evaluation of the district’s special education programs.
- Create a network for parents/guardians of students with special needs by providing a forum for shared information and support.
- Organize informational meetings and events related to special education which are open to the public, including an annual presentation for families on state and federal laws related to special education.
- Enable communication between families, local, regional, state and national organizations, councils, and groups related to special education.